To help you understand the devastating number of crashes throughout Queensland and Australia, we have compiled statistics with the help of the Queensland and Australian governments:
- There were 1296 deaths in 2016 caused by road accidents.
- 20% of those involved were 17-25 year old’s, above the national average.
- 66% of road deaths occur in regional & remote areas
- Since 2000, 5785 young drivers have died on Australian roads.
- In 2016 in Queensland, 16,589 drivers or passengers were wounded or killed in car crashes
- In 2017, this number dropped to 16,370
- Since 2001, there have been 6,729 reported crashes in the Rockhampton region
- And 315,397 throughout Queensland
- In 2016 there were 250 fatalities on Queensland roads, 7 more than 2015
At the Jason Rich Foundation, we make it our mission to improve the safety of our roads in general and help equip novice drivers with the skills to avoid accidents. Through Safe Drive Training (SDT), we offer access to professional, in-depth training courses and hands-on driving experience to ensure these students don’t become another statistic.
Annual Fatalities 2016
2008-2013 Crash Data
Causes of Death of YoungAdults – National Summary